Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas shopping in 80 degree weather........

I had a really odd experience this afternoon. I decided to go to the new Kohl’s down the street from the office to see if there was anything that would make me feel better about the way I dress. I pretty much walked in and out but couldn’t believe what I was hearing and seeing. There were people everywhere and nothing but HOT sweaters and winter clothing. (People were actually in coats and boots last week because it got down do about 73 degrees). Christmas music was playing “It isn’t Christmas unless there is snow”. I thought to myself….”Are they really playing Christmas music?? IT IS 80 degrees OUTSIDE!!!! Are they insane?” Then I realized that they must all be Christmas shopping. How weird. I knew right then and there that Christmas will NOT be the same this year. I don’t even have a desire to put up a tree. Elder Dalling said I was “Bah hum-bug” so maybe we will put up the 3 ft tinsel one that is here in our apartment. I think it will look pretty silly but “Oh well”. There won’t be any presents underneath it because we are going to give the couples here a poinsettia right after Thanksgiving to put in their homes. We are not buying gifts this year---everyone will just get money. It is so hard to imagine that it is cold and snowy in Utah right now. It feels like August in Utah.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

That sounds just like Christmas in California! Welcome to our life : )