Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Midnight message.......

It never ceases to amaze me how the spirit directs the Lord’s work. Yesterday I submitted a baptism for a 9-year old boy. The Elders had written a number over the top of another number for the baptism date, making it 1 month prior to when he was confirmed. I looked to see if Elder Black had the baptism and confirmation that far apart. He is the one who lets me know that an individual has actually been baptized. The Elders had put 8 August and Elder Black’s said the 23 so I thought maybe the information hadn’t gotten to Elder Black for a couple of weeks. During the night when I got up to use the bathroom, the spirit told me to check that baptism record closer. I had already submitted it to Salt Lake. When I went to the office this morning, it was the first thing I did. I called to check with the Elders on the “real” baptism date and they told me the 23 so I’m not quite sure why they submitted it as the 8th but I made the change and will call Salt Lake. If I hadn’t followed the prompting I received in the middle of the night, it would have forever been recorded wrong.

No comments: