Sunday, July 5, 2009

A beautiful baptism and another friend to teach......

We had a very nice baptism today after church for Fernando Chaud, a Brazilian. She is a beautiful young lady with a beautiful testimony. She even bore her testimony at the end of the service. I was again privileged to play the piano for the service. The font was actually full enough this time for her boyfriend to baptize her successfully the first time and it was warm.
Tina, our 88 year old friend, called us on our way home from church to see if she could come and see us. We didn’t catch the phone in time. She left a message that said, “I miss you folks. I love you.” It almost made me cry.
Tina spent about 2 hours here again tonight. She is such a delightful lady and remembers everything we tell her and she tells us. She keeps saying “Don’t you remember I told you about ……?” We showed her pictures on our laptop of each of our children’s families and their homes as well as ours. She was very impressed and said, “They all look so happy.” I told her it was because of our faith. She asked me what our church believed so I shared with her that we have a prophet on the earth today and that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan for us to live with him again. She agreed to let the missionaries come and teach her here in our home. I will schedule a time with the missionaries hopefully this week.

1 comment:

Amber and Everett said...

I'm so proud of you mom and dad! You inspire me to be so much better!