Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sizzling hot......

OK. So summer has just begun and 2 days ago it was 108 degrees + the humidity. Maybe this is where the devil hides out. It was unbearable. Think of us when you think it is hot in your neck of the woods. I can't believe people can bear to work outside in it, like construction people.

Here is a picture of our 88 yr. old Uraguay friend, Tina. She has quite the cute personality. It was the 108 degree day when she came to visit and she just fell into the sofa. I asked her what her favorite food was and she said, "How you say .... in English?" I didn't know what she was talking about because of her strong Uruguay accent so she said, "You need to learn Spanish." I told her she was living in the United States now so she needed to learn English. She has been here for 60 years. It wore me out trying to understand her for 2 hours the other night. She talks non-stop.

No comments: