Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Do we have a new assignment?........

This morning I received an e-mail from an Elder at the Provo MTC saying that he had talked online at Mormon.org with a lady from Helsinki and she wanted someone to come and teach her about the gospel. I couldn’t figure out why he would be asking a Florida mission to give lessons to someone who lives in Helsinki. I asked the Assistants to the President if they would like to take this referral (joking of course) because I had to get permission last week from them for some Sisters to go slightly out of their area to teach a referral. It was actually in the Orland mission but they didn’t want to come that far down. We got a good laugh out of it. There was no address and the phone number didn’t have enough digits.
About 1 hour later Tim came into our office area and said he had just gotten an e-mail from the financial secretary in a Honduras Mission. It said, “Hey Tim. I got a quick question. What is the number for the front desk at the MTC?” Tim said, “What do people think we are….the directory assistance? And why is he calling me by my first name. How did he get our e-mail address?” Sis Dalling and I broke into uncontrollable laughter until our sides were hurting from laughing so hard. Later when I answered the phone for her, I would tell her it was someone from Hong Kong or Denmark, etc.
Tim found the phone number and e-mailed the man in Honduras and asked him “Have we met before? How did you get our e-mail address and why are you asking about phone numbers in Provo?” It turns out that I had sent a referral for Honduras to the MTC via our e-mail account. They forwarded it to the Honduras Mission. I guess they thought Tim worked at the MTC referral center. Funny set of circumstances!!! We laughed about it several times throughout the day and the man got the phone number he needed. We did not figure the Helsinki story out.
We celebrated by going out to a Chinese Buffet with the Dallings and laughed about our day while eating again. We have a lot of fun with them.

No comments: